Hi, I’m Donny
As a 43-years old dad with 3 young children (7 yrs, 4 yrs, and 1 yrs), sometimes, I feel envious of entrepreneurs who started their journey very early when they have all the time in the world to pursue their dream or work on side-hustle for 8 hours a day.
As a parent with a full-time job and three young children, how do I suppose to pursue my dream or work on side-hustle? Is it even possible? Are parents allowed to pursue their dream?
Well, for the past 3 years, I’ve been reading books, listening to podcasts, and adjusting my lifestyle to be more productive and purposeful, so I can do something to pursue my passion.
My passion is to help other parents to reach financial freedom by building multiple sources of income, and maintaining a balance between family, work, and side-hustle.
- I’ve got over 12 years of experience as a manager in a software company who brings balance in a high-pressure environment and tight deadline.
- I served as a president and appointment-scheduler at a local non-profit group for over ten years while juggling a full-time job, full-responsibility as a dad & husband.
- building a rental properties investment portfolio.
- hoarding high-dividend stocks portfolio.
- Lastly, I have the honor to teach “future husband-and-wife” on managing their time, talent, and financial at our church.
And, when I’m not working at my full-time job and evaluating some properties to add to our portfolio, I love to play with my three kids and my lovely wife who supports me in everything that I do.
What am I up to now?
Most of my investments are passive investments, such as high-dividend stocks and rental properties, that do not require much attention once I acquired them. I purposely pick those investments because I want align my life and work balance. Since my full-time job is paying good money, I am able to invest in things that require more capital up front, but free up time for my family.
And, for the last 3 months, I’ve decided to explore a new business idea as a coach that other parents realize the importance of multiple-sources of income in the household while maintaining alignment between your life, work, and side-hustle.